15th Annual Underwater Pumpkin Carving
Sunday, October 29th , 2017
Time: 11 am – 1:00 pm
Proceeds Donated to:
BC SPCA Wild Animal Rehabilitation Centre (Wild ARC)
Join us for a day of Diving, Food, Fun, and Prizes
For those of you who are unfamiliar with this event, Wilson Diving will be carving scary pumpkins in the depths of Esquimalt Lagoon Beach where divers from far and near can come to challenge their carving skills.
Registration Donation: $10-15
Complete the registration form at Wilson Diving prior to the dive and for any questions, contact us at Wilson Diving at (250) 478-4488 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
General Rules of the contest:
1.) Entry fee must be paid before entering the water. See the registration form for details.
2.) Each diver must sign a waiver before entering the water. Contestants under 16 must have a
parent or guardian signature.
3.) Each diver may not use more than 1(one)tank.
4.) No solo diving. Each person must have a buddy. (Trios are allowed)
5.) You must be a certified diver or with an instructor with proof of instructor certification. You must have a certification card to enter the water.
6.) The contest dive time is 11:00 to 1:00pm. Assemble at the dive shop immediately following the
7.) Prizes to be awarded for Best Carved, Scariest Carving, Best Attempt and Worst Attempt.
1. All divers must supply their own pumpkin.
2. You must carve in buddy teams, although if your buddy just wants to watch, you may tend to see them
in a new light.
3. You may not have a pre-cut pumpkin or any pre-drawn designs on it (that’s too easy). The complete
process is to happen underwater. “What happens underwater, stays underwater.”
4. You must be completely underwater.
5. Any knives are acceptable, but real divers use their dive knife.
6. You must surface with 500 psi, or no longer than 60 minutes.
7. You may dress your pumpkin up with anything you find on the bottom (shells, kelp etc) or use parts of
your pumpkin. (Please no marine life!)